Eveliina is an associate professor at Department of Separation and Purification, LUT. She has conducted research in the field of water/wastewater treatment and metal recovery for 10 years resulting in more than 50 scientific publications. Eveliina has an extensive collaboration network with both industry and other universities. A Successful project from application to execution depends greatly on the dynamics and capabilities of the project consortium
- 2004-2005 Helsinki University of Technology, research
- 2005-2007 Junior researcher Helsinki University of Technology, Laboratory of Physical Chemistry and Electrochemistry
- 2007-2009 Junior researcher university of Eastern Finland
- 2010-2011 Junior researcher, Lappeenranta University of Technology
- 2011-2017 Post-doctoral researcher, Lappeenranta University of Technology
- 2017- Associate professor in Lappeenranta University of Technology
Eveliina’s expertise is in adsorption and ion-exchange and especially designing and utilizing novel separation materials. At the moment her focus is in the development of sustainable methods for metal recovery from the secondary resources including electrochemistry and catalysis. In addition, Eveliina has also experience in circular economy and nutrient recycling.
- 57 peer-reviewed scientific articles in international scientific journal
- Number of citations: 2081
- h-index: 26
Member's key competencies
- Battery metals
- Circular economy
- Metals & mining
- Sidestreams / recycling
- Water and wastewater
Products and services
- Research services
- Teaching & training
Technologies and solutions
- Advanced oxidation (AOP)
- Ion exchange
- Water treatment technologies
- Metal/REE recovery and recycling
- Nutrient recovery and recycle
- Recovery and recycling of valuable compounds
- Recycling (residues/sidestreams/waste)
- Water and wastewater treatment and reuse
Supporting technologies and services
- 3D printing
- Process optimization & efficiency
Member's place in the value chain
- Components ›
- Technology development ›
- OEM ›
- Technology provider ›
- System integrator ›
- Full plant delivery ›
- EPC ›
- Consumables ›
- Service provider ›
- Build consortium ›
- Co-ordinate the Writing process ›
- Coordinator ›
- Partner ›
- Provide piloting site ›
- Steering team participant ›
DEVELOPMENT OF FACE MASKS THAT WILL KILL THE CORONA VIRUS AND OTHER VIRUSES -MASK-KILL
As the COVID-19 crisis has intensified with the growing number of cases across the globe (Figure 1), the global demand for masks for medical personnel...
Edistyneet menetelmät arvokkaiden metallien talteenottoon sivuvirroista
Tietoyhteiskuntamme ylläpitäminen ja jatkuva kehittäminen ei olisi mahdollista ilman arvokkaita metalleja kuten harvinaiset maametallit sekä jalom...
Recovery of gold from the secondary resources by novel electrochemical reactors realized with additive manufacturing
Gold mining is very expensive industry and therefore opportunities resulting in low cost gold production are needed, which is spurring the utilization...
The projects, Improvement of oil spill prevention and response with green chemicals (VIKE), main focus was to produce novel green chemicals based on n...
Electro deionization Recovery system
Background: The polluted mine water from the mining process has always been considered undesirable or waste despite being a source for valuable elemen...
Closed Pulp and Paper Bleach Plant effluent (ZLD)
Industry Challenge: Pulp and paper have worked to improve their environmental footprint and the impact of effluent has been reduced significantly but ...
Recovery of rare earth elements from secondary resources
Rare earth elements (REE) are compulsory in order to maintain and run the current information society. Furthermore, new clean technologies such as ele...