Paul is a Professor of Chemical Engineering at Polytechnique Montréal, where he was Chairholder of an NSERC Environmental Design Engineering Chair entitled Process Integration in the Pulp & Paper Industry (2000-2013), and currently, is Scientific Director of the Value Chain Optimization (VCO) Network (2014-).
Paul is a Fellow of the Canadian Academy of Engineering, Fellow of the Pulp and Paper Technical Association of Canada (PAPTAC)Paul’s major contributions are related to the application of process integration tools for systems analysis, to address problems that are critical to the forestry industry.
- Application of the set of design methodologies related to implementation of the forest
- biorefinery in retrofit to pulp and paper mills.
- Application of the set of design methodologies related to implementation of increased DIP
- production and cogeneration at integrated newsprint mills.
- Development of design methodologies related to on-line data processing and reconciliation
- for mill-wide mass and energy balances.
- Development of design methodologies related to heat exchange network (“Pinch”) analysis.
- Development of design methodologies related to multivariate analysis (MVA) for newsprint
- quality improvement.
- Development of design methodologies related to dynamic mill-wide process analysis for
- process optimization.
- Development of design methodologies related to “Life cycle thinking” in the pulp and paper
- Development of design methodologies related to supply chain optimization in the pulp and
- paper industry.
- Research and development in the sludge biodrying process.
This member is
Member's key competencies
- Pulp & paper
Products and services
- Research services
- Teaching & training
Technologies and solutions
Supporting technologies and services
- Digital solutions
- Process evaluation/redesign
- Process optimization & efficiency
Member's place in the value chain
- Components ›
- Technology development ›
- OEM ›
- Technology provider ›
- System integrator ›
- Full plant delivery ›
- EPC ›
- Consumables ›
- Service provider ›
CST 2019 Event. Urban mining and industrial sidestreams
Urban mining and metal recovery from low grade ores and side-streams: Urban mining: Urban mining is more than just recycling it is “rethinking” ra...
Member's resources and equipments
Free funding application coaching
This is a FREE service. CST will provide funding application coaching for the following
-EU Horizon Europe.
-EIT Raw Materials
The only requirement is that LUT Separation aand Purification department is a partner in the application.Ask about availability
Free support in building a consortium
CST will help its partners build a consortium in the following areas so long as LUT Separation and purification are included:
1. Public project
Request CST to help build a consortiumAsk about availability
Start-up evaluation can be for companies looking to buy a start-up or for a start-up to get an initial assessment. Our evaluation process includes
1. Technology/commercial due dilligence
2. Start-up stage evaluation
3. Financial evaluation
4. Start-up fit to established business model
Business models training
Business model training can be for your company specific needs and includes the following:
– Business model development and business model fit to your business
-Business model hybrids and pivoting different models
-Value proposition development