EXPERT FORUM: Urban mining and metal recovery from low grade ores and side streams: Advanced separation & purification
Urban mining and metal recovery from low grade ores and side-streams:
- Urban mining is more than just recycling it is “rethinking” raw materials. It is a way for Europe to keep its independence and a key part of Europe’s strategy.
- The age of cheap abundant raw materials is over. Extracting metals and other materials from waste is more cost effective than extraction from virgin-mined materials.
Metal recovery from low grade ores and side-streams:
- Low grade ores, minerals and industrial side streams provide an opportunity to extend the raw material supply.
- The mining industry has reached a plateau for the efficient extraction of most metals and minerals.
- A key part to the success in over coming the challenges so that industry can move to the next level resides in the development of advanced technologies & processes that make it possible to “recover” the materials . Development of these technologies is an on-going process that as yet to reach its full potential and the focus of the EXPERT FORUM.
Expert forum program
The one-day event focuses on advanced separation and purification technology and processes and includes parallel oral sessions and a poster session:
- Existing research projects
- New ideas and project proposals
- Industry challenges
- Event program “Click to open the program”
Registration Expert forum 2019